Which site would you like to visit?
Since 1989, wine lovers have prized The Rare Wine Co. as one of the world’s greatest sources of old & rare wine. And, since 1999, our import business has grown into one of the most respected in the US market.
These unique positions provide an opportunity both to shape the way we operate today, and to build the infrastructure for us to thrive over the next 25+ years.
We are committed to providing our employees great benefits and fulfilling careers through:
• A great compensation package: industry competitive hourly wage + end of year bonus based on company profit and individual performance, 401k, excellent health insurance (including base plan 100% covered by the RWC), dental and vision insurance (100% covered by the company) + annual sick and vacation.
• Continuous learning, including regular tasting of wines from the deepest retail cellar in the country.
• An excellent work environment: a great group of people who are fun to work with and a fast- paced, almost startup atmosphere.
• A top-notch employee purchase program.
• Potential for growth and advancement -- we expect greatness from our people and reward outstanding contribution with advancement.
Please find below a list of currently available positions. To apply or if you would like to be considered for other future opportunities, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rare Wine Co. (CA) has an opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our small group of highly efficient office staff. We are seeking an experienced candidate who will be a cultural fit with our rigorous work ethic and exceedingly high standards; the type of person who takes great pride in their work and who is unwilling to compromise on quality.
The position will handle a wide range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
• Implementing a streamlined approach to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable function
• Assisting with the monthly close process and general bookkeeping tasks
• Entering and reconciling daily bank deposits
• Preparing sales and financial reports for management and sales reps
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Familiarity with accounting in QuickBooks and Netsuite as well as with MS Office (Word/Excel)
• Eagerness to invest the energy required to ensure all projects are completed with the highest-possible quality
The Rare Wine Co. -- the country's most revered source for old & collectible wine -- is looking for a bright, motivated and hard-working individual who enjoys making a difference every day.
As a Sales representative, initially, the majority of your time will be spent answering phones and emails and entering orders. As your operations improve, your responsibilities will increase to helping offer wines directly to clients.
Note: We are currently welcoming our staff back to our Brisbane office. The first few months of your position will be in-person 5 days a week, but we are supportive of a hybrid home/office model for staff after the introductory period, with 3 days a week in the office the likely average.
• Possess a strong interest (or even passion) for well-made wine
• Have at least 1 year of experience in the wine business, preferably in Old World Wine
• Be comfortable "wearing a number of different hats"; multitasking to take care of your daily responsibilities while being distracted by customer challenges
• Know how to provide outstanding customer service -- specifically, knowing how to cheerfully communicate with others, especially when solving problems
• Be incredibly detail oriented -- in the rare wine business minor differences in wines make a substantial difference.
• Work well with others
• Be computer literate (Microsoft Excel skills and a general familiarity of order entry software is a must)
Please also note that while the standard schedule is 9-5pm Pacific, we prefer someone with a flexible schedule (work hours & work days) who can work occasional overtime as needed.
The Rare Wine Co. -- one of the nation’s most respected wine importers -- is looking for a bright, motivated and hard-working individual to join our team and help us expand our wholesale and retail wine business. We are committed to providing our employees great pay & benefits, and a chance to contribute meaningfully to a growing company, in an exciting industry.
Please note that we require a cover letter for resumes to be considered!
As one of our Warehouse team members you will will be responsible for contributing to the successful daily operations of our Customer Service and Warehouse operations. The role, which reports to the Warehouse Manager, will include but not be limited to:
We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
Adding to Cart.